List of ATIO Certified Translators
Translation of documents: This Consulate DOES NOT provide translation services. All translations submitted to this Consulate must be done by a Consulate approved translator (see list of ATIO certified translators above).
Medico di Fiducia (Physician of reference for certain consular services)
Elenco medici operanti nella circoscrizione (List of Physicians)
Legalization of official Canadian documents to be used in Italy
The Consulate of Italy will legalize the signature of public officials or professionals certified to practice activities of public nature (lawyers, notaries public, doctors, etc.) which authenticate Canadian documents to be sent to Italy, given that the signature has already been deposited with this Office.
Otherwise, if a signature is not on file at this Consulate, before submitting a document to the Consulate, it is necessary that you refer to the specific information available on the website of Global Affairs Canada in order to have your document authenitcated. Authentications by Provincial Authentication Service Offices of Ontario, Manitoba and North West Territories are also accepted. For information on Provincial Authentication Services, please visit the webpage of Global Affairs Canada (link above).
The following are some examples of documents that can be legalized by the aforementioned offices:
- Vital certificates (birth, marriage, death)
- School or academic certificates and diplomas, provided that they are authenticated by a notary
- Certificate of non-impediment to marriage
- Translations of legal documents, RCMP criminal record checks, medical reports, provided that they are certified, signed or sealed by a Canadian lawyer, solicitor, notary or commissioner of oaths whose signature is already registered in this office
- All documents issued by a federal or provincial authority, provided that they are signed by an official of that particular government and include the signing officer’s title.
Ontario Photo Card: Ontario is introducing a new photo card that will allow for non-drivers aged 16 years and over to access government, financial or business services that require proof of identity. For more information regarding cost, expiry, and where to get the card, click here.
Guida alla Dichiarazione dei redditi per residenti all’estero (Italian only)
Per informazioni aggiornate, si raccomanda di consultare il sito web dell’Agenzia delle Entrate
COMITES (Comitato degli Italiani all’Estero) (Italian only)