IMPORTANT NOTE: If you need to request a Schengen Visa and you landed to this page directly from an internet search, please stop reading now, and go to the main page of the Schengen Visa Section which contains very important information about the process to request a Visa in this Consulate General.
- Proof of residence within the Toronto consular jurisdiction area: domestic utility bill or driver’s license (original and a photocopy)
- For non-canadians, proof of legal residence in Canada: Canadian permanent residence card or visa valid for at least three months after the date of re-entry (original and a photocopy).
- For travelers not returning to Canada after leaving the Schengen area: relevant visa or travel document authorizing entry into the Country of destination, and a photocopy.
- Electronic Schengen Visa application form carefully and correctly completed and signed. Please ensure that you leave no blank spaces. If a question does not apply to you, enter N/A (not applicable). Be sure to print the form in high resolution.
- One recent passport-size colour photo (must have been taken less than six months before the application), size 35mm x 40mm, full-face and light coloured background. Face must be correctly centred and must be seen from a front view, with both sides visible. Styled poses (looking over one shoulder, head bowed etc.) are not allowed. The head must be free of all headgear, no hats, scarves, headbands or other decorative objects.
- Your passport, which must be valid for at least 3 months after the visa expiry date, as well as photocopies of the first 2 pages and of visas previously issued, if any. Furthermore, there must be at least two blank pages in the passport.
- Prepaid Xpresspost post envelope (or UPS preaddressed envelope) with your address already filled (TO) and the Address of the consulate as sender (FROM), with photocopy to return your passport.
- The visa fee paid in Canadian dollars. Visa fees can be paid in cash, by money order/bank draft payable to the Consulate General of Italy in Toronto (Canadian dollars only). Because of the fluctuation of the exchange rate, the type ofvisa and duration of stay, the fees are subject to change. Please refer to the dedicated page on this website.
- A copy of your round trip flight reservation or ticket and full itinerary. Buying your ticket in advance does not ensure that a visa will be issued.
- Hotel booking for each day of your stay in the Schengen area stating number of reservation, name of the applicant, address and telephone number of the hotel, OR letter of invitation (declaration of hospitality), signed by the person inviting, plus a copy of his/her ID (in case of person without Italian citizenship, copy of his/her Italian permanent residence permit, ‘’ Permesso di soggiorno’’). If you are member of a group: letter from the travel agency mentioning the same information as for individuals.
- Invitation letter from either CONI, the relevant Italian Sports Federation or the organising body that certifies the person concerned is attending the event and requests the issue of the visa.
- Proof of economic means of support (as per Ministry of Interior Directive 1.3.2000 DIRETTIVA1° marzo 2000 (esteri.it)): last three months bank statements clearly indicating name of the holderand salary slips if applicable. If you are financially dependent on a family member, you must provide an Affidavit of financial support, together with a copy of his/her picture ID and his/her last three months bank statements. Signatures must be certified by a public notary.
- A travel medical insurance policy valid throughout the Schengen area. Please underline orhighlight: your name, the medical emergency expenses coverage (minimum € 30,000) including hospital care and repatriation for medical reasons or in case of death