This site uses technical and analytics cookies.
By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies.

Visa Fees

When applying, there is a non-refundable mandatory visa fee which every applicant must pay to the Consulate when submitting the application.

Visa fees vary depending on the type of visa and age of the applicant, as well as other variables indicated below.

Visa fees can be paid by Canadian debit card* when applying in person for a Schengen Visa, or by money order/bank draft made out to the Consulate General of Italy in Toronto (Canadian dollars only) when applying by post for a National Visa.

*Please, be advised that we do accept only Canadian debit cards.(credit cards or non-Canadian cards are not accepted; hybrid card may not work). When paying by Canadian debit card, a surcharge of 0.20 cents applies, paid to the service provider and not to the Consulate.
For further information on payment methods, please visit our Consular Fees page.

Should a visa be denied, the amount paid at the time of applying cannot be refunded.

Due to fluctuations of the exchange rate, fees are subject to change every three months. We recommend to avoid sending postal applications with money orders or bank drafts in the 10 working days prior to a change of trimester (March 31, June 30, September 30, December 31), as fees may change and we may not be able to process your application in due time.

In most cases the fees are the following:


Applicable Fees from July 1 and until September 30, 2024  

Schengen Visa 90 Euro = CA$ 133,00
National visa (Including Working Holiday Visa) 116 Euro= CA$ 171,00

In particular cases, the fees may change or be waived:

Study up to 90 days Waived
Study more than 90 days 50 Euro = CA$ 74,00
Children between the age of 6 and 12 45 Euro = CA$ 67,00
Children under 6 years of age Waived


Nationals of countries with which the EU has concluded Visa Facilitation Agreements shall pay a fee of 35 EUR (currently and until June 30, 2024, 52,00 CAD).

Check on the EU Migration and Home Affairs website if your country is one of them (check under “Visa facilitation agreements”).