IMPORTANT NOTE: If you need to request a National Visa and you landed to this page directly from an internet search, please stop reading now, and go to the main page of the Visas Section which contains very important information about the process to request a Visa in this Consulate General.
If you need to stay for more the 90 days in Italy you need a NATIONAL VISA.
In this case, you do not need ANY online appointment.
Please send all necessary documents (see below), including a money order or bank draft for consular fees payable to the Consulate General of Italy in Toronto and a prepaid and pre-addressed Canada XpressPost envelope or UPS, by mail to the Visa Office at the shipping address indicated below.
Consulate General of Italy
136 Beverley St.
Toronto M5T 1Y5
Please be aware that the Consulate does not take responsibility for applications, passports or money order lost by the postal service.
Requirements for most requested National Visas
Kindly choose the relevant item from the “navigate this section” menu.
Please refer to the fees dedicated page
If you cannot find the appropriate type of visa for your travel purpose, additional information available in various languages including English can be found at the official site of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation at the following link:
- Your passport will be returned to you using the prepaid and preaddressed Canada XpressPost envelope or UPS you sent with the application.
- Consular Visa fees (non-refundable) are to be paid in Canadian dollars. They vary depending upon the type of visa, duration of stay and exchange rate.
- Keep in mind that border authorities may in any case refuse entry to a foreign national who does not meet all requirements.
- Consular fees to an accepted visa application cannot be reimbursed, including in case of refusal.
- Be informed that applications are individual: we do not accept group applications (exception can be ma\de for families travelling together) or applications presented by third parties.
- Appointments are always free; intermediaries who claim to be able to get or cancel appointments on your behalf are scamming you.
- Read carefully the information provided on this website and make sure to have all the documents needed when applying.
- Please keep the amount of printed documents to a minimum. A visa application should consist of 15/20 pages at most. Use front/back printing when possible. In specific cases, we can ask for further documents not normally listed but we will ask you for that, you do not have to print copies of documents that are not listed, unless we expressly ask you to do so.
- Incomplete applications sent by email cannot be processed and may be returned to sender. You may resubmit a complete application.