The Italian Trade Commission (ITC) is seeking applicants for the temporary position of ASSISTANT TRADE ANALYST FOR ITS TORONTO OFFICE.
Job Title/Level: A ssistant T rade Analyst
Type: Temporary/Full time (35 hours/week) starting January 1, 2021 until June 30, 2021, renewable
for another 6 months upon receipt of a certificate of non-impediment (Nulla Osta) i ssued by the Italian
This j ob offer/posting i s for a temporary position created to substitute a staff member currently on a
leave of absence. Should said staff member return to work prior to June 30, 2021, this contract will
end prematurely with 30 days notice. In the event the absent staff member continues the l eave after
June 30, 2021, the employment contract may be renewed for another 6 months and prematurely
terminating with 30 days notice upon return of said staff member.
Probationary period: 90 days
Term: The position i s subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for l ocal staff i n Canada.
Starting salary: CAD 3,412.50 (monthly gross).
Location: Toronto, Canada
Closing date for applications: N ovember 5 , 2020 @ 5 pm.
The role will be to support ITC i n enhancing the activity of promoting and assisting Italian companies
within the Canadian marketplace through various activities aimed at promoting authentic Made i n Italy
products i n Canada.
The successful candidate will be i nitially assigned to support a specific sector under the supervision of
an experienced Trade Analyst, even though sectors could be changed and reassigned at any time.
Duties & Responsibilities
As part of the temporary contract, the activities and responsibilities for the position, under the
direction of ITC, shall be the following:
● Assist with all activities related to the promotion of the sector assigned, i ncluding:
○ general office and administrative work i nvolved i n the organization of promotional activities and
○ market analysis and data search;
○ preparation of documents and contracts;
○ communication with third parties and involved agencies;
○ follow the update of the website content;
● Assist w ith market research, preparation of projects and systematic monitoring reports;
● Organization of business trips for delegates of Italian companies to Canada, as well as of
Canadian businesses to Italy;
● Assist with other activities and projects related to the promotion of Made i n Italy;
● Travel within Canada and abroad, i f required.
● Bachelor’s Degree (preferably i n a related field);
● Proficient i n MS office, (particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet, Email
● Proficiency i n English (written and oral). Knowledge of Italian (written and oral) will be
considered an asset
● Experience i n a similar role – i n the private or public sector –
Abilities and Competencies
● Ability to manage time, plan, prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines
● Ability to work i n a fast-paced environment
● Ability to use the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
● Excellent organizational, i nterpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
● Meticulous work ethic with attention to detail
● Adaptability and flexibility
● Teamwork and collaboration
● Professional appearance and demeanor.
Conditions of Employment
● Applicants must be l egally authorized to work i n Canada. The Italian Trade Commission will
not sponsor any employees directly or i ndirectly;
● This j ob offer/posting i s for a temporary position created to substitute a staff member currently
on a l eave of absence. Should said staff member return to work prior to June 30, 2021, this
contract will end prematurely with 30 days notice,
Page 2 of 4
● In case of a renewal for another 6 months, a certificate of non-impediment (Nulla Osta) i ssued
by the Italian authorities will be required. Should said staff member return to work prior to
December 31, 2021, this contract will end prematurely with 30 days notice,
To be considered for an i nterview, applicants must submit the following required materials:
● a signed cover l etter explaining the candidate’s suitability for the position and how they meet
all required qualifications;
● an up-to-date curriculum/resume;
● a copy of the degree and any other relevant certification;
● copies of documentation proving:
o citizenships (all must be i ndicated);
o fiscal residency i n Canada;
o eligibility to work i n Canada (a valid open work permit for non-Canadian
citizens or proof of Canadian citizenship);
o a clean Canadian criminal record check;
o in case of Italian citizen, a “casellario giudiziale e dei carichi pendenti”;
o in case of other citizenship/s, a clean criminal record certificate i ssued by that
● a copy of a valid ID document.
All application requirements must be submitted only via email to: t firstname.lastname@example.org
● with documents:
o collated i n a single PDF file
o in the order l isted above
o attached to the email;
● with the j ob description “T emporary Assistant Trade Analyst” – Toronto Office” i ncluded i n
the subject field;
● by N ovember 5, 2020 @ 5:00 pm.
ITC will acknowledge receipt of all applications, but only candidates who meet the requirements will be
invited to move forward i n the selection process.
The selection process will take place i n N ovember (in person or remotely), a nd will i nclude:
1. Written test i n English on a trade related subject (30 min – up to 50 points) . The candidates may
score up to 50 points and must score at l east 35 points to be admitted to the Practical test and the
Interview. (November 10, 2020 at 11:00 a.m.)
2. Practical test: aimed to ascertain IT skills on Excel, i nstructions i n English (30 min – up to 30
points) ; (November 13, 2020 at 11:00 a.m.)
Page 3 of 4
3. Interview in English will focus on skills, qualifications, motivation and strength of reasoning (20 min
– m aximum score: 20 points) ( November 13, 2020 starting at 11:45 a.m.)
Each candidate will be ranked on a 1 00 points scale.
The position will be offered to the eligible candidate with the highest score unless the candidate
intends to withdraw, resign, or ITC finds l ater that the candidate l acks the eligibility requirements: i n
such a case, the position will be offered to the next ranked eligible applicants, according to a l ist that
will remain valid for 6 months.
Reference checks may be sought for candidates that qualify for the selection process.
The Italian Trade Commission does not reimburse any travel costs to and from i nterviews/exams nor
does i t reimburse any relocation costs.
This selection could be suspended and/or cancelled at any moment and for any reason or no reason
by the ITC at i ts sole discretion, without creating any obligation and/or expectation or reliance on the
part of eligible candidates.
Personal Data Treatment and Confidentiality
The i nformation applicants provide i s viewed by staff responsible for the recruitment process only.
Such i nformation will be treated as confidential and only authorized persons i nvolved i n the recruiting
process will be able to access data strictly for recruitment purposes. All personal data will be retained
for a maximum period of 10 years from the l ast contact with the candidate. Candidates have a right of
access, of rectification or of deletion of their personal data.
Applicants acknowledge and agree that the i nformation may be accessed by persons i nvolved i n the
recruiting process and that they might have provided some sensitive i nformation i n accordance with
local l aws. All i nformation collected may be subjected to digital processing.
About the Italian Trade Commission
ITC – Italian Trade Commission i s the Governmental agency that supports the business development
of Italian companies abroad and promotes the attraction of foreign i nvestment i n Italy.
With a motivated and modern organization and a widespread network of overseas offices, ITC
provides i nformation, assistance, consulting, promotion and training to Italian small and medium-sized
businesses. Using the most modern multi-channel promotion and communication tools, i t acts to
assert the excellence of Made i n Italy i n the world. In addition to i ts headquarters i n Rome, ITC
operates worldwide through a l arge network of Trade Agencies Offices l inked to Italian embassies and
consulates, working closely with l ocal authorities and businesses. More i nformation i s available at
ITC does not discriminate on the grounds of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin,
citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender i dentity, gender expression, age, marital status,
family status or disability i n the application of i ts employment policies, i ncluding but not l imited to
recruitment, training and promotion. Providing every requirement of education, skill, technical
qualifications and experience are met, the criterion for selection will be the ability to perform the j ob
under the specified conditions of service. All personnel will be given equal opportunity, based on
performances and competencies.
Page 4 of 4