October 8, 2020
JOB OPENING: Click Here to download
The Italian Trade Commission (ITC) is seeking applicants for a
TEMPORARY ASSISTANT POSITION for its Machines Italia project at the TORONTO OFFICE
The role will be to support ITC in enhancing the activity of promoting and assisting Italian companies
within the Canadian marketplace through various activities aimed at promoting Made i n Italy products
in Canada with specific reference to the Machines Italia Project.
Duties & Responsibilities
As part of the temporary contract, the activities and responsibilities for the position, under the general
direction of ITC, shall be the following:
● assist with all activities related to the promotion of Made i n Italy i ndustrial machinery and
technology solutions in Canada, including:
o general office and administrative work i nvolved i n the organization of promotional
activities and events;
o assistance with requests from Italian companies;
o preparation of documents and contracts;
o communication with third parties and involved agencies;
o update of the digital and marketing content and materials;
● assist with market research, project analysis and systematic monitoring reports as requested
by the Head Office;
● organization of business trips for delegates of Italian companies to Canada, as well as of
Canadian businesses to Italy;
● assist with other activities and projects related to the promotion of Made in Italy as required;
● traveling domestically and internationally, if required.
● Degree from a recognized University, preferably in a relevant discipline.
● Proficiency in English and Italian (reading, writing and speaking).
● A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role – in the private or public sector .
Additional skills and requirements:
● Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) in English
● Meticulous work ethic with attention to detail;
● Proficient in MS Office (particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Internet, Email;
● Professional appearance and demeanor.
Conditions of Employment
● Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada, i.e. be a Canadian citizen or have
Permanent Residency status i n Canada. The Italian Trade Commission will not sponsor any
employees directly or indirectly;
Salary and Compensation
Salary and compensation will be commensurate with experience.
The position is temporary full-time: 35 hours/week starting January 1, 2021 until June 30, 2021
Disclaimer: the temporary contract of the successful applicant will only be finalized after a 90 day
probationary period, with the approval of headquarters in Rome and, in case, can be renewed only for
an additional year upon receipt of a certificate of non-impediment (Nulla Osta) issued by the Italian
To be considered for an interview, applicants must submit the following required materials:
● a signed cover letter explaining the candidate’s suitability for the position and how they meet
all required qualifications;
● an up-to-date curriculum/resume;
● a copy of the degree;
● copies of documentation proving:
o citizenships (all must be indicated);
o fiscal residency in Canada;
o eligibility to work in Canada (a valid open work permit for non-Canadian citizens or
proof of Canadian citizenship);
o a clean Canadian criminal record certificate;
o in case of Italian citizen, a “casellario giudiziale e dei carichi pendenti”;
o in case of other citizenship/s, a clean criminal record certificate issued by that
● a copy of a valid ID document.
All application requirements must be submitted only via email to: email@example.com ;
● with documents
o collated in a single PDF file
o in the order listed above
o attached to the email;
● with the job description “ Machines Italia Temporary Assistant Trade Analyst Position” included
the subject field;
● by October 23, 2020 @ 5:00 pm .
ITC will acknowledge receipt of all applications, but only candidates who meet the requirements
will be invited to move forward in the selection process. The selected candidates will be required
to take a few tests, in person or remotely:
1) a written translation test from Italian to English
Date of test: Friday, October 29, 2020 @ 11:00am
2) a practical test, with i nstructions i n English, to ascertain your computer skills on a Microsoft Office
Date of test: Friday, October 29, 2020 @ 11:30pm
3) an intervie w with focus on skills, qualifications, motivation and strength of reasoning
Date of test: Friday, October 29, 2020 @ 12:00pm
The Italian Trade Commission does not reimburse any travel costs to and from i nterviews/tests nor
does it reimburse any relocation costs.
This selection could be suspended and/or cancelled at any moment and for any reason or no reason
by ITC at i ts sole discretion, without creating any obligation and/or expectation or reliance on the part
of eligible candidates.
Personal Data Treatment and Confidentiality
The i nformation applicants provide i s viewed by staff responsible for the recruitment process
only. Such i nformation will be treated as confidential and only authorised persons i nvolved i n the
recruiting process will be able to access data strictly for recruitment purposes. All personal data will be
retained for a maximum period of 10 years from the l ast contact with the candidate. Candidates have a
right of access, of rectification or of deletion of their personal data.
Applicants acknowledge and agree that the i nformation may be accessed by persons i nvolved i n the
recruiting process and that they might have provided some sensitive i nformation i n accordance with
local laws. All information collected may be subjected to digital processing.
About The Italian Trade Commission
ITC – Italian Trade Commission i s the Governmental agency that supports the business development
of Italian companies abroad and promotes the attraction of foreign investment in Italy.
With a motivated and modern organization and a widespread network of overseas offices, ITC
provides i nformation, assistance, consulting, promotion and training to Italian small and medium-sized
businesses. Using the most modern multi-channel promotion and communication tools, i t acts to
assert the excellence of Made i n Italy i n the world. In addition to i ts headquarters i n Rome, ITC
operates worldwide through a l arge network of Trade Agencies Offices l inked to Italian embassies and
consulates, working closely with l ocal authorities and businesses. More i nformation i s available at
ITC does not discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability,
colour, race, religion or country of origin i n the application of i ts employment policies, i ncluding but not
limited to recruitment, training and promotion. Providing every requirement of education, skill, technical
qualifications and experience are met, the criterion for selection will be the ability to perform the j ob
under the specified conditions of service. All personnel will be given equal opportunity, based on
performances and competencies.