This site uses cookies to provide a better experience. Continuing navigation accept the use of cookies by us OK

Resources and useful links


Resources and useful links

          Consular fees and means of payment

Please note that the exact amounts for each consular service are available on the consular fee. The consular fee is updated every quarter. Before filling out a money order, always check the consular fee for the exact amount.

In the 10 days immediately preceding each quarter change (quarter changes occur on March 31; June 30, September 30; December 31), due to possible changes in the exchange rate, it is recommended not to send postal applications for consular services (containing a money order), as the amounts may not be exact at the time of collection by the Consulate. In case of a money order with an incorrect amount, the file will be returned to the applicant without being processed. 



          General Information: 

Consular fees and means of payment

Some of the Consular services are free of charge while other incur the payment of the consular fee.

Payment can only be done in person at the Consulate by cash in Canadian dollars. Euros will not be accepted, nor credit and debit cards, personal or bank cheques. The Consulate will issue a receipt for the paid amount.

Those who cannot come in person to the Consulate and/or are requesting a Consular service by mail, can attend to the payment of the Consular fee by mailing a money order in Canadian dollars for the amount specified in the Consular fees table.

Those who reside outside of Canada can request assistance to a third party, a translator or other consulting agencies.

The beneficiary of the money order must be indicated as follows:


and must be addressed to:

136 Beverley Street Toronto, ON, M5T 1Y5

Sending and receiving documentation by mail

If you need to send documents by mail to the Consulate verify the correct address:

136 Beverley Street Toronto, ON, M5T 1Y5

Send the original certificate/document and one copy of everything along with a photocopy of your current ID with picture.
If we need to send back to you the original documentation, you must also provide a prepaid self addressed Xpress Post envelope for its return (with recipient's signature required).

If you reside abroad, please contact a third party, a translator or a consulting agency for assistance.

The Consulate will not bear the cost of postal shipment for the return of the original documentation on behalf of the applicant and as a consequence it will hold on to the documentation until a prepaid self addressed envelope is provided.
The receipt of the documentation via mail does not entail any priority processing. Documents and application received via mail will be processed strictly in the same order as they are received.

Please note that we will not provide information over the phone regarding receipt of shipment of correspondence.

Translations of documents into Italian

This Consulate DOES NOT provide translation services. All translations submitted to this Consulate must be done by a Consulate approved translator (list of translators).

 Legalization of official Canadian documents to be used in Italy

The Consulate of Italy will legalize the signature of public officials or professionals certified to practice activities of public nature (lawyers, notaries public, doctors, etc.) which authenticate Canadian documents to be sent to Italy, given that the signature has already been deposited with this Office.

Therefore, before submitting these documents to the Consulate it is necessary that you refer to the specific information available on the website of Global Affairs Canada.
The following are some examples of documents that can be legalized by the aforementioned office:

  • Vital certificates (birth, marriage, death) 
  • School or academic certificates and diplomas, provided that they are authenticated by a notary 
  • Certificate of non-impediment to marriage 
  • Translations of legal documents, RCMP criminal record checks, medical reports, provided that they are certified, signed or sealed by a Canadian lawyer, solicitor, notary or commissioner of oaths whose signature is already registered in this office 
  • All documents issued by a federal or provincial authority, provided that they are signed by an official of that particular government and include the signing officer's title.

Ontario Photo Card

Ontario is introducing a new photo card that will allow for non-drivers aged 16 years and over to access government, financial or business services that require proof of identity.
For more information regarding cost, expiry, and where to get the card, click here.